Academic Advising for Ross Undergrads
Advising and support from professional staff is an important benefit of the Ross undergraduate experience.
Your advisor guides you to the opportunities at Ross that are best for you, and helps you make the most of them. Your advisor is there for you when needed — as a mentor, a supporter, a friend — through any challenges you may face.
There are many ways they can help:
- Developing educational plans that are right for you.
- Selecting appropriate courses and other educational experiences.
- Understanding degree requirements.
- Learning about available resources for assistance, both at Ross and elsewhere.
- Guiding you to programs and offerings of Ross' focused centers and institutes.
- Clarifying your intellectual, professional, and personal interests.
- Developing personal goals and evaluating your progress.
- Ross academic advisors are dedicated to helping you successfully navigate personal, Ross and U-M challenges via the Appreciative Advising method, which centers on student perspectives and goals.
BBA and Minor in Business students are assigned an individual advisor upon being admitted to the program. You can meet with them to ease your transition, discuss your options, and track your progress.
Coaching and Mentoring
The Ross community cultivates professional and developmental relationships among students. Peer coaches operate in many areas including Admissions, Global Student Experiences, and the Preparation Initiative, as well as many student-led efforts via professional clubs and fraternities.
As you look to your life after graduation, our counselors are available to prepare you for that perfect job — or even help you figure out what it might be. Career Development Office provides you with personal support for the career search through targeted seminars and individual appointments with professional staff and trained peer mentors.
Counseling and Psychological Services
The University of Michigan’s Counseling And Psychological Services (CAPS) — committed to ensuring U-M’s diverse student body can access care, receive high quality services, and take positive pathways to mental health — has a counselor located at Ross. Julie Kaplan, LMSW, provides free and confidential counseling to students enrolled at Ross.
Alumni Career Services
734-615-3000 (option 1)
Ann Arbor Office
Ross Executive Education
Ann Arbor - 734.647.3400
Los Angeles - 310.617.4750
Technology & Operations
Ann Arbor Office
Heather Byrne, Managing Director
Joyce Buchanan, Executive Secretary
Lillian Chen, Research Area Specialist
Ross Registrar's Office
701 Tappan Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
University of Michigan
701 Tappan Street, R5342
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1234